Interested in leading MDTSA as a state officer?
Together, the state officers and Board members are responsible for leading MDTSA to greater heights each year. As a state officer, you will closely involved in planning the state conference, expanding TSA throughout Maryland, and generally serving the needs of MDTSA members.
Ready to run for a state office?
Thank you, your interest in supporting TSA is greatly appreciated. Having the power to lead our organization to new heights, new success, and new frontiers can be a very rewarding opportunity, but before submitting your application, read this page carefully. It is important that you fully understand the level of commitment serving as a state officer demands. As you complete As you complete your application, remember to email any of the state officers if you run into problems or have questions. Emails can be found on the Team page. We wish you the very best of luck!
1. Must be an active member of MDTSA in good standing.
2. Must have at least one year of high school eligibility remaining to run for state office, i.e. seniors cannot run for state office.
3. Must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA in his/her classes and a 3.5 cumulative GPA in all technology education classes.
4. Must only run for one office.
5. Should have a basic knowledge of parliamentary procedures and MDTSA bylaws.
6. Must be a member of TSA for at least one year before seeking state office. This is includes the current year, e.g. if one joins TSA at the start of the school year and participates as an active member leading up to that year’s state conference they may run for state office at the state conference.
7. Should be able to express opinions, receive constructive criticism, make decisions, and be neat and professional.
8. Must carefully review the responsibilities of the office they seek.
9. Must attend meetings in accordance with Article XI of the MDTSA Bylaws.
10. Should not concurrently hold state office in any other organization.
1. Any member interested in running for state office should complete the application by February 25, 2017.
2. Maryland TSA will confirm the eligibility of each candidate via email by March 4, 2017.
3. All newly elected officers must attend a very brief officer orientation meeting immediately following the closing ceremony at the state conference.
Maryland TSA Officers are to be elected by a majority vote of the voting delegates at the state conference and consist of president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, reporter, and sergeant-at-arms. Individuals elected as state officers hold office until the close of the next national conference.
Conference Program Photo - You are required to provide a color, digital photo of yourself in professional attire as part of your application. This photo should be a JPEG, the short side of which must be at least 1500 px, portraying the candidate from the chest up with a white background. This photo will be used in the State TSA Conference program and may be used for other informational purposes by Maryland TSA. Please include this photo in your application.
Campaign Materials –No posters, banners, etc., may be adhered to the walls of the conference site. Also, campaign materials may be only at the campaign booth. Campaign materials may not be distributed at the opening and closing ceremonies or at competition sites. No water bottles, candy, mints, gum, or any edible items will be allowed. Please include a basic layout of your campaign booth in your application.
Campaign Speeches – Each candidate is allowed a maximum of 3 minutes to deliver a campaign speech during the opening ceremony of the state conference. A podium will be available and candidates may bring personal aides, such as index cards, but no presentation aides, such as a PowerPoint presentation, can be accommodated. Each candidate must email a copy of their speech to the MDTSA President, Davis Cook ( firstname.lastname@example.org), by March 18, 2017.
Code of Conduct
Please read through carefully as all elected officers must commit to this code of conduct. Failture to do so can result in removal from office.
As a Maryland Technology Student Association State Officer, I will abide by the State Officer Code of Conduct as listed below.
- Dedicate myself to serving the members of Maryland TSA.
- Commit the entire year to the activities of the State Chapter
- Free myself of commitments that will interfere with my term of office.
- Make service to MDTSA my top priority after education and family obligations.
- Treat all TSA members equally, not favoring any individuals or groups, including myself, over any others.
- Act in the interest of MDTSA as a whole, not favoring any individuals or groups, including myself, over any others.
- Arrange to travel to all officer meetings and events, including monthly meetings which are held in the general vicinity of the MDTSA headquarters in Anne Arundel County.
- Attend all meetings and activities.
- Check e-mail and phone messages regularly and respond to all TSA related correspondence within 48 hours.
- Write letters, thank you notes, reports, email, and other correspondence in a timely manner.
- Produce status reports/updates for items for which I am responsible as requested.
- Develop and maintain a cooperative attitude by accepting and seeking constructive criticism and evaluations of my performance and being willing to take and follow directions as directed by those responsible to me.
- Become thoroughly knowledgeable about TSA and its programs.
- Participate fully in all activities, conferences, meetings, etc. for which I have responsibility.
- Complete all assignments in a timely manner, to the best of my ability.
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA in my classes and a 3.5 GPA in all technology education classes.